NIPC are delighted to offer this free, 3-month online training and education programme, designed to equip Cardiac Rehabilitation Practitioners in Ireland with the core knowledge, skills and competences to deliver rehabilitation services in clinical practice.
The course begins with a 4 hour online introductory session, followed by 3 months of self-directed online learning and culminates with a consolidation session.
- Expert sessions in how to assess smoking, diet, physical activity and psychosocial health
- Best practice approaches to tobacco cessation
- Theory and practice of health-behaviour change
- New frontiers in healthy eating and secondary prevention
- The foundations for effective exercise programming
- Management of BP, cholesterol and glucose to target, with optimisation of pharmacological therapies