Cardiac Rehabilitation in Ireland
NIPC are delighted to offer this free, 3-month online training and education programme, designed to equip Cardiac Rehabilitation Practitioners in Ireland with the core knowledge, skills and competences to deliver rehabilitation services in clinical practice.
The course begins with a 4 hour online introductory session, followed by 3 months of self-directed online learning and culminates with a consolidation session.
- Expert sessions in how to assess smoking, diet, physical activity and psychosocial health
- Best practice approaches to tobacco cessation
- Theory and practice of health-behaviour change
- New frontiers in healthy eating and secondary prevention
- The foundations for effective exercise programming
- Management of BP, cholesterol and glucose to target, with optimisation of pharmacological therapies
Demystifying the ECG
This course addresses the needs of primary care nurses and doctors, hospital-based nurses, private and public, paramedics and other allied health professionals who encounter ECG monitoring and traces. It aims to be as interactive as possible, with participants encouraged to bring along ECGs for discussion. The course assumes no knowledge of ECG and is an excellent foundation course in ECG and rhythm recognition.
Course content includes:
- Ventricular arrhythmias such as ventricular tachycardiac
- Atrial arrhythmias such as atrial fibrilation
- Ischaemia and acute myocardial infarction
This is a virtual ECG workshop, where participants will partake in all aspects of the workshop online.
- Online Learning: (Approx. 4 hours) which can be carried out in your own time in the 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
- Interactive workshops: A half day of real-time sessions.
17th September 2022
Motivational Interviewing: The Essentials
Would you like to learn more about how best to enable your patients’ in making important and, often, difficult lifestyle changes? This expert delivered short course in motivational interviewing (MI) aims to equip participants to confidently and successfully support patients in complex lifestyle behaviour change.
This 2-day skills-based and practically-focused course is designed for all health care professions and is delivered by Claudia Salazar, a highly experienced and accomplished certified trainer (Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers).
The first day of this course encompasses the essentials and is delivered in a live online session. Day two follows in-person and focuses on the “How-To” practical skills training.
NIPC AllianceMembers Rate
Standard RateNon Members
Terms & Conditions
Please see our terms & conditions for short course and conference bookings below:
- Full pre-payment is required at booking.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days in advance of the course date will incur a 25% administration charge.
- Cancellations thereafter or non-attendance is non-refundable and non-transferable