Demystifying the ECG
This course addresses the needs of primary care nurses and doctors, hospital-based nurses, private and public, paramedics and other allied health professionals who encounter ECG monitoring and traces. It aims to be as interactive as possible, with participants encouraged to bring along ECGs for discussion. The course assumes no knowledge of ECG and is an excellent foundation course in ECG and rhythm recognition.
Course content includes:
- Ventricular arrhythmias such as ventricular tachycardiac
- Atrial arrhythmias such as atrial fibrilation
- Ischaemia and acute myocardial infarction
This is a virtual ECG workshop, where participants will partake in all aspects of the workshop online.
- Online Learning: (Approx. 4 hours) which can be carried out in your own time in the 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
- Interactive workshops: A half day of real-time sessions.
September 18th 2021
Delivering Evidence Based Cardiac Rehabilitation in Practice: Practitioners in Practice in Ireland
We are now accepting applications for the ‘Delivering Evidence-based Cardiac Rehabilitation in Practice’ course. This unique free education and training programme aims to equip all cardiac rehabilitation practitioners with the core knowledge, skills and competences to deliver measurably effective evidence-based rehabilitation services in Ireland.
- Expert sessions in how to assess smoking, diet, physical activity and psychosocial health
- Best practice approaches to tobacco cessation
- Theory and practice of health-behaviour change
- New frontiers in healthy eating and secondary prevention
- The foundations for effective exercise programming
- Management of BP, cholesterol and glucose to target, with optimisation of pharmacological therapies
To be eligible to apply you must be a cardiac rehab practitioner currently working in Ireland.
Application deadline is August 20th.
September 18th 2021
HeartSaver AED Training
The complete Heartsaver AED Course takes approximately three and a half hours to complete and teaches the basic techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the relief of choking for adults, children and infants.
The Heartsaver AED course follows a practice-while-watching video format and is led by instructors who will provide feedback and guide you through the lessons and help improve your CPR technique as you practice on a manikin.
Participants who can demonstrate high quality CPR at the end of the course will receive an IHF/AHA Heartsaver AED course certificate which is valid for two years.
Terms & Conditions
Please see our terms & conditions for short course and conference bookings below:
- Full pre-payment is required at booking.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days in advance of the course date will incur a 25% administration charge.
- Cancellations thereafter or non-attendance is non-refundable and non-transferable