Demystifying the ECG
This course addresses the needs of primary care nurses and doctors, hospital-based nurses, private and public, paramedics and other allied health professionals who encounter ECG monitoring and traces. It aims to be as interactive as possible, with participants encouraged to bring along ECGs for discussion. The course assumes no knowledge of ECG and is an excellent foundation course in ECG and rhythm recognition.
Course content includes:
- Ventricular arrhythmias such as ventricular tachycardiac
- Atrial arrhythmias such as atrial fibrilation
- Ischaemia and acute myocardial infarction
This is a virtual ECG workshop, where participants will partake in all aspects of the workshop online.
- Online Learning: (Approx. 4 hours) which can be carried out in your own time in the 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
- Interactive workshops: A half day of real-time sessions.
May 22nd 2021
September 18th 2021
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
This Basic Life Support Training (BLS) is an internationally-certified, 2-year course equips any healthcare professional working in hospitals or clinical settings with the skills to recognise sudden cardiac arrest in all age groups, activate the appropriate emergency response, and commence CPR in a timely manner with the use of an AED as soon as it becomes available.
This is a hybrid BLS course with 2 parts:
• Part 1: self-directed online learning time (approx. 3 hours)
• Part 2: skills-based training in the Croi Heart & Stroke Centre, Galway (2 hours)
April 26th 10:30
Terms & Conditions
Please see our terms & conditions for short course and conference bookings below:
- Full pre-payment is required at booking.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days in advance of the course date will incur a 25% administration charge.
- Cancellations thereafter or non-attendance is non-refundable and non-transferable