NIPC have a fantastic job opportunity for the suitably qualified candidate. The position of Programme Manager is now open for applications. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Programme Manager will provide executive support as the primary point of contact for the CEO office as the internal and external liaison between stakeholders.
The National Institute for Prevention and Cardiovascular Health (NIPC) is an independent not-for-profit organisation focused on research, education and patient services in preventive cardiology. We engage with many stakeholders including the government, health sector organisations, the research community and the public. Our mission is to provide leadership through discovery, training and applied programmes to prevent and control cardiovascular diseases for all, raise the standards of preventive cardiology practice, enhance cardiovascular health and promote healthier lifestyles, and prepare leaders to advance preventive healthcare nationally and internationally.
The NIPC works in partnership with the University of Galway and in partnership with the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, the NIPC contributes substantially to the delivery of the University of Galway suite of MSc programmes in Preventive Medicine and Cardiovascular Health. The NIPC was founded in 2014 by Croí, the West of Ireland Cardiac & Stroke Foundation, to focus on education and research activities with the aim of supporting healthcare professionals in the area of preventive cardiology. The NIPC operates from the Croí Heart and Stroke Centre, a community-based dedicated Heart & Stroke Centre, which is staffed by an experienced interdisciplinary health team of specialist nurses, dietitians, physiotherapists and physical activity specialists who deliver a wide-range of health programmes.
Programme Manager Job Purpose:
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the Programme Manager (PM) will provide executive support as the primary point of contact for the CEO office as the internal and external liaison between stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain, manage and oversee projects with multiple priorities and deadlines. The PM will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion whilst assisting with strategy agendas and helping implement financial processes and procedures that assist good governance. Some marketing and PR project management will also form part of the role and the candidate will be able to manage public relations and produce promotional content for traditional media streams (radio, press, television) as well as social media platforms.
- The successful candidate will take responsibility for research, education & training activities of the organisation as designated by the CEO and leadership executive team.
- The programme manager’s remit is project-focused with the strategic priorities of the organisation. This includes but is not limited to project scoping, activity planning at task and deliverable level, resource and financial planning and collaboration and coordination with internal and external partners and stakeholders. The project management aspect of the role will involve overseeing all aspects of projects, managing deadlines, supervising responsibilities, and monitoring and collating project portfolio progress individually and collectively.
- Supporting CEO and executive leadership team by collating the formation of a strategic plan that will help guide organisational values, articulating the strategic areas of focus, and creating the long-term objectives that will advance the organisation agenda to meet its ambitious goals and actions in order to achieve its vision of success.
- Knowledge of financial structures and competence, including the ability to understand financial statements, analyse information and assess risk whilst ensuring accurate record keeping and monitoring of group financial transactions.
- Capable of planning, managing and executing projects related to public relations, marketing and social media campaigns.
- Meeting, email, diary and travel management and methodical planning, coordinating and organisation of the CEO’s time.
- Act as gateway for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and teams.
- Establish/maintain stakeholder relations (internal/external) sometimes representing the CEO at meetings and conferences.
- Manage/attend Board and stakeholder meetings (agenda, minutes/action tracking).
- Respond to incoming communications on behalf of CEO where necessary.
- Be self-sufficient and manage own priorities.
- Proactive problem solving and progress reports to CEO.
- Maintaining contacts made by the CEO in order to support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Working closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and following up appropriately.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience supporting senior executives.
- Excellent execution of administrative activities and strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and process.
- Strong relationship-management skills, with a proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong communication – written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliability and loyalty, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle complex information and be adaptable to various competing demands.
- Proven ability to create marketing content and manage social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to be a highly resourceful team-player as well as being extremely effective independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required or strong work tenure with minimum five to eight years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Power Point), and Social Media web platforms.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Excellent business awareness
- Financial knowledge and PR/Marketing experience
- Outstanding references
- Project management qualification
- Demonstrated risk management experience or relevant qualifications
Remuneration: commensurate with experience is available for the right candidate. It is intended that this will be a full-time, fixed term position, subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Application Process: To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by 16:00 on Friday 20th October 2023. A desktop shortlisting process may be carried out prior to interview stage.
Attendance at interview will be at the candidate’s own expense. References (3) are required and may be checked in advance of an offer.
This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
You can download the job description HERE