Prof. J. William McEvoy
NIPC Medical and Research Director, Chair of Executive Council
Dear Alliance Members,
As the summer draws to a close this year, I hope you have had some time to relax and refresh. As some of you are getting ready for the new academic year, I would encourage you to consider the educational offerings from NIPC.
I am delighted to announce the launch of a new course An Integrated Approach to Managing COPD and Heart Disease, you can read more on that below. For those of you that are completing a research project or study in the area of cardiovascular disease prevention, I would encourage you to submit your abstracts for our annual National Prevention Conference taking place on 18th November 2022, deadline for abstract submissions is 16th September.
– Professor of Preventive Cardiology, National University of Ireland, Galway Campus.
– Medical and Research Director, National Institute for Prevention and Cardiovascular Health
– Consultant Cardiologist, University College Hospital Galway, Saolta Healthcare Group.
– ESC National Coordinator for CVD Prevention, Ireland
Due to overwhelming demand NIPC are excited to announce a new Cardiac Rehabilitation in Ireland Course.
Starting on Friday 30th September, this free 3-month online training and education programme is designed to equip Cardiac Rehabilitation Practitioners in Ireland with the core knowledge, skills and competences to deliver rehabilitation services in clinical practice.
The course begins with a 4 hour online introductory session, followed by 3 months of self-directed online learning and culminates with a consolidation session.
- Expert sessions in how to assess smoking, diet, physical activity and psychosocial health
- Best practice approaches to tobacco cessation
- Theory and practice of health-behaviour change
- New frontiers in healthy eating and secondary prevention
- The foundations for effective exercise programming
- Management of BP, cholesterol and glucose to target, with optimisation of pharmacological therapies
Start date is fast approaching so don’t delay, apply now for this free
training and education opportunity
This post is an extract from the monthly NIPC Alliance e-Bulletin.
If you would like to hear about the latest NIPC news and events sign up here.