NIPC have a fantastic job opportunity for the suitably qualified candidate. The position of NIPC Chief Executive is now open for applications. The CEO is a critical member of the NIPC management team and is charged with responsibility for leading and managing the activities of the institute in line with the annual budget and strategic plans as agreed with the Board of Directors.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the institute fulfills its national mission of improving
• Ensure that the institute is at the forefront of research and innovation, partnering with our
community, and with academic and commercial partners.
• Ensures that the institute delivers a suite of appropriate education programmes that help create
a new generation of healthcare professionals with expertise in cardiovascular health & disease
• Ensures that the output of the institute contributes to positioning Ireland as a recognised
international leader in cardiovascular health.
• Builds an NIPC alliance to become the national prevention platform for capacity building,
information exchange, discovery and preventive healthcare transformation.
• General management responsibility for the entire NIPC team, across all functions, ensuring all
departments are operating to agreed budget.
• Responsible for revenue generation and developing strategic partnerships which will enable the
fulfillment of mid to long term objectives.
• A Business or Science Degree or other relevant third level qualification
• A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience including at least 5 years with responsibility
for leading teams, preferably in a research or education environment.
Competencies & Attributes
• Demonstrable working knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and/or the healthcare environment
is desirable but not essential.
• A proven track record in managing and inspiring others in a non-discriminatory environment of
integrity, empowerment, respect and personal development.
• Must be business savvy and able to quickly see and seize opportunities while operating within
budgets. NIPC is a successful start-up, that is now entering the scaling phase.
• Experience of working in a complex environment, managing multi stakeholder relationships and a
demonstrated ability to multiple-task.
• Is creative, continually learning and exploring new ideas.
• A self-starter that applies their initiative in most situations.
• A good team player, who works well in a small team environment.
• A good communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements, particularly to
• Capacity to make sound judgements and learning from experience
• Attention to detail and maintaining awareness of longer-term objectives.
• Display the highest levels of integrity.
• Capacity to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality both internally and externally.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience is available for
the right candidate. It is intended that this will be a full-time, permanent position, subject to a 6-month
You can download a detailed job description HERE
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by 16:00 on Tuesday 31st January.
For further information, please contact: Neil Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org