Events and Marketing Coordinator – NIPC
The National Institute for Prevention and Cardiovascular Health (NIPC) is an independent not-for-profit organisation focused on research, education and patient services in preventive cardiology. We engage with many stakeholders including the government, health sector organisations, the research community and the public. Our mission is to provide leadership through discovery, training and applied programmes to prevent and control cardiovascular diseases for all, raise the standards of preventive cardiology practice, enhance cardiovascular health and promote healthier lifestyles, and prepare leaders to advance preventive healthcare nationally and internationally.
The NIPC works in partnership the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway) and, in partnership with the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, the NIPC contributes substantially to the delivery of the NUI Galway suite of MSc programmes in Preventive Medicine and Cardiovascular Health. The NIPC was founded in 2014 by Croí, the West of Ireland Cardiac & Stroke Foundation, to focus on education and research activities with the aim of supporting healthcare professionals in the area of preventive cardiology. The NIPC operates from the Croí Heart and Stroke Centre, a community-based dedicated Heart & Stroke Centre, which is staffed by an experienced interdisciplinary health team of specialist nurses, dietitians, physiotherapists and physical activity specialists who deliver a wide-range of health programmes.
We are seeking to appoint a Events and Marketing Coordinator who will assist with the wide portfolio of activities.
- The purpose of the role is to support the event coordination and marketing across all NIPC training, education and research activities, working closely with the Education and Training Manager and also the Director of Operations and Development.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Provide event coordination support across portfolio of training and education courses and conferences
- Work with industry experts to curate content for training and education activities
- Manage the delivery of online webinars and educational sessions
- Respond to participant queries and technical issues
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns, as well as campaign analytics and reporting
- Design graphics and other materials for event promotion and marketing campaigns
- Update and manage the NIPC website and social media channels, including optimisation and analytics reporting
- Develop email marketing campaigns as well as the NIPC Alliance monthly e-Bulletin, including database management
- Assist with the development of content marketing and learning resources including blogs, webinars, podcasts, guides etc.
- Provide administrative and communications support for research activities
Skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Experience coordinating online and in-person events, ideally in an education setting
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills with strong time management and multi-taking capabilities
- Strong administration and IT skills, experience with WordPress and virtual event/webinar platforms a plus
- Strong email marketing and social media skills and up to date knowledge of all the latest marketing trends
- Strong copywriting skills and experience writing digital communications for web, email and social media
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to growing NIPC’s training activities and Alliance membership
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing or a related field (or equivalent relevant work experience)
- Two years of experience in a similar role
- Graphic design skills and experience working with Canva or Adobe
- Experience using online learning management systems and education platforms
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com