Due to continued expansion and development of its training and education activities, NIPC is seeking to recruit a Training and Education Coordinator who will report to the Training & Education Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who can demonstrate the necessary skills and experience to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of this role.
The National Institute for Prevention and Cardiovascular Health (NIPC) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, established in 2014. It has a strategic partnership with the University of Galway and Croí, the West of Ireland Cardiac & Stroke Foundation. Additionally is has strategic relationships with national and international research and educational institutions. It is based at the Croí Heart and Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway, Ireland.
Training and Education Co-ordinator
- Effectively and efficiently manage the administrative requirements of the Postgraduate Programmes in Preventive Medicine and Cardiovascular Health ensuring a high-quality educational experience
- Support the administration and coordination of the expanding portfolio of NIPC educational conferences and events ensuring high quality customer service and delegate experience
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the delivery of the suite of postgraduate programmes in Preventive Medicine and Cardiovascular Health, which is delivered in partnership with the University of Galway
- Promote postgraduate programmes to recruit participants that fulfil the entrance criteria including the creation of promotion materials, updating webpages and course brochures
- Support students through the programme and deal with enquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinate the delivery of online lectures and workshops, as well as in-person induction sessions, graduations and examinations
- Update e-learning platform with learning material
- Create online assessments and examinations
- Compile and prepare student assignment submissions for markers
- Track student attendance and grades, and prepare material for Exam Boards and External Examiner Review
- Coordinate programme board meetings
- Support the development of the NIPC Graduate Network programme
- Work within project budgets and coordinate contributor payments
- Provide administration and event coordination support across NIPC training and education courses and conferences
- Manage technical briefings with webinar speakers
- Assist in the delivery of NIPC webinars
- Prepare and submit CPD applications
Skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Strong administration and IT skills. Experience with virtual event/webinar/e-learning platforms an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience coordinating events, ideally in an education setting
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills with strong time management and multi-taking capabilities
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Three years of experience in a similar role
Applications in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org together with CV are invited from interested candidates who have a minimum of three years experience in a similar or relevant role.
Closing date for applications is Friday February 10th at 5pm