Join leading global experts in cardiovascular disease prevention for the 9th National Prevention Conference at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel, on Friday 18th November. This will be our first in person event in almost three years and we are thrilled to once again network face to face with our colleagues and peers. As an added bonus, we have also organised a special pre-conference session on the eve of the conference. on Thursday 17th November from 18:15-19:30. This is a hybrid session on Hot Topics in CVD Prevention Guideline Implementation.
Pre-Conference Session: Hot Topics in CVD Prevention Guideline Implementation
Join renowned international and national speakers on the eve of the National Prevention Conference on Thursday, 17th November from 6:15 – 7:30pm for this hybrid session on Hot Topics in CVD Prevention Guideline Implementation. The session will cover the latest CVD guidelines, the biggest wins in CVD prevention and how CVD prevention guidelines should be implemented in people with severe mental illness.
- What are the 5 New Biggest Wins in CVD Prevention? – Professor Thorsten Leucker, Preventive and Critical Care Cardiologist, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Latest CVD Prevention Guidelines – the Good, the Bad and the Complexity Answered – Professor Ian Graham, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin
- Implementing CVD Prevention Guidelines in People with Severe Mental Illness: What Every Practitioner Should Know – Noeleen Burke, CNS Physical Health Needs, Mayo Mental Health Services and Dr Jenni Jones, Director of Training and Education, NIPC
This hybrid session will be chaired by Dr Susan Connolly and Prof David Wood. Join us online or in person in the Sheraton Athlone Hotel. Places are limited for both options, so early booking is advised.
9th National Prevention Conference
Join leading global experts in cardiovascular disease prevention for the 9th National Prevention Conference at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel, on Friday 18th November. This will be our first in person event in almost three years and we are thrilled to once again network face to face with our colleagues and peers.
We have an exciting agenda that revolves around our main themes of Maximizing Patient Outcomes, Hot Topics in Cardiovascular Disease Management and Integrated Care Matters in Prevention. Visionary keynotes, cutting edge research, case spotlights and more, will all combine to give you the latest insights into the future of prevention and cardiovascular health. We also have the return of our much anticipated poster competition and three simultaneous breakout workshops
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives in the Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes (in collaboration with INCA).
- Expert Roundtable: Mental Health in People Living with Cardiovascular Disease.
- Top Tips in How to Get Lipids and Blood Pressure to Target.
This is a must-attend event for those that are working in the fields of cardiovascular health.
Conference Highlights Include…
- The Triple Threat: ASCVD, Diabetes, Kidneys – what every practitioner should know?
- Advances in Detection and Management of Atrial Fibrillation
- Revolutions in Living Longer Better
- Shared-Decision Making
- Pharmacological Game-Changers in Cardiometabolic Disease
- Digital Approaches to Improving Cardiovascular Outcomes
- Missed Opportunities in Enabling Self-Management
- Case-Based Spotlight on Women’s Heart Health
- Patient Realities
Friday 18th November
Statement of Support
NIPC is committed to providing continued medical education opportunities for Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) in Ireland and abroad. To this end, this conference has been sponsored to enable us to deliver the event free of charge to HCPs. All sponsorship is received in a transparent and fair manner, and does not influence the agenda or the educational content of our events.