Marketing and Events Coordinator – NIPC
The National Institute for Prevention and Cardiovascular Health (NIPC) is an independent not-for-profit medical research and education institute striving to position Ireland as a leader in cardiovascular health. Established in 2014 and based in the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre Galway, the overarching goal of NIPC is to enhance the cardiovascular health and wellbeing of the Irish population through transformational leadership in research, education, and the dissemination of evidence-based health information.
Currently working in strong partnership with NUI Galway and Croí, the Heart & Stroke Charity, with support from Healthy Ireland, the Institute develops and delivers a diverse range of education and training programmes for healthcare professionals in the areas of cardiovascular health promotion and disease prevention. Equally, the Institute is driving innovative and vital national and international research in the areas of coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity. The research and education activities of the Institute involve national and international strategic relationships partnerships and collaborations, which NIPC aims to proactively develop and expand.
We are seeking to appoint a Marketing and Events Coordinator who will assist with the wide portfolio of activities.
- To support the marketing and administration across all NIPC training, education and research activities, working closely with the Education and Training Manager and also the Director of Operations and Development
- To promote and coordinate the portfolio of training courses in the Centre of Life Saving Training
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Provide event coordination support across training and education courses and conferences
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns, as well as campaign analytics and reporting
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate and administer CPR courses
- Design graphics and other materials for event promotion and marketing campaigns
- Be responsible for the development and management of the NIPC website and social media channels, including optimisation and analytics reporting
- Develop email marketing campaigns as well as the NIPC Alliance monthly e-Bulletin, including database management
- Assist with the development of content marketing and learning resources including blogs, webinars, podcasts, guides etc.
- Keep track of training materials and inventory and replenish when needed
- Provide administrative and communications support for research activities
Skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Strong administration and IT skills, experience with WordPress and virtual event/webinar platforms a plus
- Experience coordinating events, ideally in an education setting
- Graphic design skills and experience working with Canva or Adobe
- Strong email marketing and social media skills and up to date knowledge of all the latest marketing trends
- Strong copywriting skills and experience writing digital communications for web, email and social media
- Highly-effective planning and organisational skills with strong time management and multi-taking capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to growing NIPC’s training activities and Alliance membership
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing or a related field (or equivalent relevant work experience)
- Two years of experience in a similar role
Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time, permanent position. Applicants must be available to commence employment immediately.
This job profile is subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 14th 2021.