Demystifying the ECG
Saturday 23rd September 9am – 1pm
This course addresses the needs of primary care nurses and doctors, hospital-based nurses, private and public, paramedics and other allied health professionals who encounter ECG monitoring and traces. This easy-to-understand and interactive workshop teaches all the ECG basics you need to know. This is an excellent foundation course and is highly recommended for anyone wanting to improve or refresh their ECG analysis skills.
Course content includes:
- ECG analysis made easy
- Recognition of sinus rhythms
- Atrial arrhythmias
- Ventricular arrhythmias
- Ischemia and acute myocardial infarction
- Recognising artefact
This online workshop comprises of 2 parts:
- Online learning: (approx. 4 hours) which can be carried out in your own time in the 2 weeks prior to the workshop
- Interactive workshop: a half day of real-time sessions
Workshop Facilitator: Paul Nolan
Paul Nolan Paul Nolan is a Clinical Lecturer in the Atlantic Technological University and Cardiac Physiologist at Galway University Hospitals. He has been working in the field of Cardiology for over 20 years. He is an experienced clinical teacher and has 15 years’ experience in delivering this type of ECG workshop to a range of healthcare professionals. He is fully accredited in the areas of Echocardiography, Pacemakers and ICD’s.
This is a virtual ECG workshop, where participants will partake in all aspects of the workshop online.
Terms & Conditions
Please see our terms & conditions for short course and conference bookings below:
- Full pre-payment is required at booking.
- Cancellations up to 10 working days in advance of the course date will incur a 25% administration charge.
- Cancellations thereafter or non-attendance is non-refundable and non-transferable