NIPC, in collaboration with The Irish Association Of Cardiac Rehabilitation, is pleased to announce that we are inviting applications for ‘Delivering Evidence-based Cardiac Rehabilitation in Practice’. This unique free education and training programme aims to equip all health professionals with the core knowledge, skills and competences to deliver measurably effective evidence-based rehabilitation services in Ireland.
Delivered by leading academics and clinical specialists from the fields of cardiology, nursing, dietetics, physiotherapy and psychology, this course comprises of an initial face-to-face introductory day followed by completion of a detailed online component (7 modules) and closes with a final face-to-face consolidation day.
Application Deadline: Extended
Closing date TBA
The course includes:
- Expert sessions in how to assess smoking, diet, physical
- activity and psychosocial health
- Best practice approaches to tobacco cessation
- Theory and practice of health-behaviour change
- New frontiers in healthy eating and secondary prevention
- The foundations for effective exercise programming
- Management of BP, cholesterol and glucose to target, with
- optimisation of pharmacological therapies
Please note only applications from current Cardiac Rehab Practitioners will be considered. Applications will be reviewed by an independent selection board and selection will be based on a mix of backgrounds and geographical locations.
Apply below or call 091 893299
Application Deadline: Extended until Further Notice
his course is supported by HSE Health and Wellbeing